Sunday, November 14, 2010

Diaries and Journals

People write journals and diaries because they use them to keep memories that they want to remember. Diaries and journals are also used to express an emotion, an event, or a feeling that is very personal. I write diaries only when I feel stressful and angry towards something or somebody. I occasionally write when I want to express my feelings towards basketball and I almost never write about other subjects.

Diaries may sometimes reveal truths that people might not have known. The “Diary of Ann Frank” is an example. Diaries may be intended for certain people and these diaries also reveal the author’s attitude towards the intended audience.

Diaries are interesting to read because they show the emotional state of the writer, they show the events the writer has been through, and they show the personality of the writer in a general manner. The context of the diary may not be as interesting to the readers because the readers are not the people who have been through what the writer has been through, but the meanings the writer wants to convey is what interests the readers.

1 comment: