Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Micheal Hogan - The Colonel

    I have to say that I love the story "The Colonel" by Micheal Hogan; I feel as if a was in the story myself. I like the story because I was once in a situation just like Hogan (but I was playing basketball, not tennis). Basketball became a sport that changed my life and just by playing on the basketball court taught me many lessons of life. To me, basketball has transformed from a leisure activity to an event that is worth sacrificing for. Just like how tennis became a common-day sport. Playing basketball with older kids and playing basketball on a team taught me the correct attitudes of life and sportsmanship. I was able to grow as I played basketball and I feel a closeness to the little kid that started learning to play tennis with the colonel. I really like this essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment