Sunday, December 5, 2010

Packing for the United States - 42 Kilograms

    Packing for the United States isn't a very easy thing, especially with a weight limit. Out of the 42 kilograms, around 8 kilograms would be set aside for the weight of the luggage and the rest is what we can use. The most important items I would bring to the States are my shoes, my clothes, and that's about it.
     I have two pairs of basketball shoes that I would bring, one pair of leather shoes, two pairs of slippers, and that would be about it. The basketball shoes would weigh about 0.8 kilograms each, my leather shoes would weigh about 1 kilograms, and my slippers would weigh about 0.2 kilograms each. That would be a total of three kilograms for shoes.
    Taking out the three kilograms for the shoes and the eight kilograms for the luggage, I still have 31 kilograms that I have left to use. Out of the 31 remaining kilograms, I still have to leave five for an electric rice cooker that I have to bring to the States as well. I have to cook my own food in the United States, so I would have to bring my own cooking utensils.
    I would allocate the remaining 26 kilograms to my clothes. I would bring a whole suit set to college in case of formal occasions and I would have to bring large coats that I brought for the United States as well. The suit weighs about two kilograms and the coats probably weighs about eight, leaving only 16 kilograms for all my other clothes.
    I don't believe I would be able to pack all the clothes I would like and need to bring to college in luggage, so I would mail them over before flying to the States.

1 comment:

  1. -1
    Be a little more specific. What exactly would you bring in the clothing department. Jeans, sports clothes? How about entertainment items?

    ReplyDelete