Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Personal Thoughts on Joan Didion's "On Self-Respect"

    The text "On self-respect in amazing to me because it is an answer that I am seeking at this stage of my life. The question I am now facing is the relationship between character, self-respect, and personal responsibility. Joan Didion says, "character - the willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life - is the source from which self-respect springs."
    I am in my senior year and I now understand the importance of responsibility. With a good character and with a strong sense of personal responsibility, I have learn to respect what I am doing to apply for college and I have also learned to respect those who are trying their best to help me in the process of college application.
    This essay portrays the knowledge I have recently gained perfectly. Responsibility comes from a good personal character and a good personal character leads to success in respecting the work oneself is doing.
    Joan Didion's "On Self-Respect" is the best essay I have read regarding the concept of self-respect and it is the best essay in which to learn a life lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment